Friday, April 13, 2012

Famous people die. Do I care? Sometimes.

04/13/12
So, well-known people die--supposedly in groups of three.  I don't buy into that.  My wife will be like, "Well, the third is due."  And then somebody like Mr. Clean dies.  And I'm like, "Does that count?"

"No," she says.  "He wasn't famous enough."

Not sure what level of fame you have to possess to be counted in the groups of three thing.  Either way, here's a list of people that died that you might care about, that didn't really matter to me at all.

People who died, but not really bummin' me out too much:
(1) Chuck Schuldiner - He was the singer/songwriter of the death metal band, Death.  First of all, if you name your band Death, and people are sad when you die, I think there's gotta be some irony hiding around in there somewhere.  Secondly, I really never liked Death.  The band.  Or the act of dying, really.  But, the band never did anything for me.  It was sad that he died early, of course.  But, the whole metal world mourned, and I was like, "Mehhhh..."
(2) That Brad guy from Sublime - I hate Sublime.  I hated them the first time I heard them, because it was "What I Got"--which is a blatant rip-off of "Lady Madonna" by the Beatles.  They released that disc, and everyone who get smashed all the time loves it.  It just doesn't really resonate with me.  Had a chance to see them in concert.  No thank you.  The saddest thing about this is that, when he died, he became legitimized.  If he hadn't died, Sublime would've faded away, and he'd be working at a vaccuum store.
(3) Amy Winehouse - Great voice.   Bad decision-maker.
(4) Ringo Starr - Oh.  Wait.  He didn't die yet?  Coulda fooled me.

People who died that really bummed me out, but you probably don't care, if you're part of the majority:
(1) Peter Steele - Lead singer and bassist of Type O Negative.  His death still bothers me because I won't get any more music from TON.  That sucks.  My wife and I did see them in concert many, many times.
(2) Macho Man Randy Savage - My favorite wrestler, and a huge part of my childhood.  Ooooh yeahhhh!  Ohhhh noooooo!
(3) David Gold - Singer and songwriter for Woods of Ypres, from Canada.  I really dig their music.  Very atmospheric.  Died in December 2011 in a car wreck.  Sucks.  Last song they released before he died?  "Kiss My Ashes Goodbye" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFfZYyOgjhM
(4) Pat Morita - I dunno why.  I just hate that this guy's dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment