Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pipe Dreams of a Ball Striker

04/19/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WH0IZwiAQ4&list=FLDOR0Yyu7kfgsEaXXFj7Vqw&index=3&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5vSgRRJsgs&list=FLDOR0Yyu7kfgsEaXXFj7Vqw&index=2&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku-Rz-GAP5c&list=FLDOR0Yyu7kfgsEaXXFj7Vqw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

These are just three of the seven or eight videos I watched today.  I think I've officially tumbled over the threshold of insanity. 

Ok.  I have three unachievable dreams.  Number 1: I want a roller coaster in my backyard.  Number 2: I want to be able to play guitar like Eric Clapton.  Number 3: I want to be a ball striker.

Sad thing is, 1 and 2 are still more likely than 3 at this point in time.

Anyone who's played the game with me knows that I am often a hot mess.  I can aim where I like, but my swing changes every time, so the ball could go damned near anywhere.  Like I said yesterday, I shot a 99 at Old Avalon, and I don't know how I did THAT, since I really didn't bring ANY aspect of my game.  From tee shots to putting, I was hackeriffic. 

I want people to say, "Damn.  That dude is a ball striker."  I've said it about a few people.  Friends.  Dudes on the range.  No one has ever said that about me.  Because I'm not.  My contact isn't solid.  I sweep the ball.  I go to the range.  I've been there probably 10 times in the last three weeks.  I'm ready to put in the work.  But these damned YouTube videos simply are not getting it done.  I'm only engraining my bad swing habits, becuase I don't know what to change.  In fact, if I did golf tomorrow, I'm not sure I could hit the ball at this point.  I literally was outside swinging in the dark just now.  (My clubs.)

So, I dunno.  I'm really at a loss.  I watch videos like PGA golfer, Matt Kuchar--man, that guy is a ball striker.  That's what I want.  But he's got a flatter swing.  Doesn't seem feasible.

Shit.  And I just watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLVvfGbcYE&feature=related

What is that, a metal shelf? 

So, anyhow--I'm going to get much better this summer.  No matter what.  Like, I've determined this.  Perhaps, with about 2,300 more videos, and 10,000 more practice shots at the range, the simplicity of the golf swing will be apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment