Monday, May 7, 2012

Wal-Mart. Subway. Butt cheeks.

05/07/12
Well, so much for writing in this thing errrrday.  I've fallen far short of that goal.  However, I'd like to think that summertime will provide me a moment or two more of freedom to write in this--and work on a novel. And the studio.

But probably not.  D and I have decided to change the back patio--you know, replace the wood with Trex decking.  Rather than scrub it all and re-stain it, we'll just change it to the no-maintenance stuff we have on the front walkway and patio.  However, Erin D. never goes halfassed on anything.  Anything.  So, now we have an enclosure being added.  With a step down onto a different section.  With a hot tub.  I have no idea what in the Hell is going on.  But I do know it might cut into my golf time.  Aww helllll nawww.

I can't go a whole entry without mentioning my golfing progress.  I've gone to the range 8-10 times in the past month.  I'm working on footwork, and just getting my swing to be more fluid.  So far, so good.  I want to be shooting in the upper 80s consistently by the end of summer, and I think that's a legitimate goal.  I had set my sights on 20 birdies this year, but I've already got six--so I think that's gonna be too easy to attain.  So now, a goal for my WHOLE game.  We'll see.

I stopped by WalMart today to pick up some discs for the WSCN banquet and the Robotics banquet.  Humanity is in God-awful shape.  There are rich people and poor people and middle class people--I understand.  But, lady, PLEASE--please--cover your butt cheeks.  Even if you were less people than you are--you still should keep the butt cheeks tucked undercover.  Especially with your three kids walking around with you.  This lady.  Bright green fuzzy tank top. Fuzzy bottoms. Wedged into several areas. Awful.

Then, a dude at Subway was like, "I want my sub toasted."  The girl's like, "No problem."

She takes it out.  He asks her to put all his veggies on.  Then he says it's "not as toasted as he likes"--so he wants her to take all the veggies back off again.  And re-toast it.  The second toasting doesn't get it done.  The third, well--now it's a bit too burnt for his liking.  When I worked with the public at the Sears Paint Department (of Magic and Awesomeness) for six years--I lost my faith in people.  Being around a lot of bright young kids everyday restores that faith.  Then, WalMart and Subway yank it away from you again.  Perhaps the Subway guy is married to the fuzzy tank-top, thong shorts lady from WalMart.  It's the only justice I could wish for, at this point.

Damn. This thunderstorm is NOT messing around.

So, just a quick post.  Now, I'm off to organize my new CDs.  With Record Store Day, and a bunch of awesome releases coming out, I've got a stack of discs to be filed.  I still buy 5-15 CDs a month, I'd say.  My collection is over 2700 now, which is a tad bit on the ludicrous (not Ludacris) side.  Next post, I'll focus on the KKC progress and--some really, really, really awesome news in my life.  But, alas, that update must be postponed for a short while longer.  So psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment